A guide to streaming games using Twitch on PS5
2. Personalize your channel so viewers know who you are when they discover your page! You can modify your profile photo and bio on mobile, or customize a number of additional settings via a web browser. We’ve set up an entire Creator Camp page on Personal Branding to show you all of the places you can customize your channel page to reflect you and your brand.
2. While playing a game, press the Create button on your controller and then select Broadcast from the Create options, and select Twitch. You can also select Broadcast from your customized Control Center. Players can use the DualSense controller mic for broadcast audio as well.
3. Give your stream a title, add in your PlayStation 5 HD Camera if available, customize your overlay position, and more. You can also choose your video quality options from the Capture and Broadcasts section of the System menu.
Tip: You will automatically be placed in the game category for the game you’re playing. For maximum searchability and follower engagement, we recommend using the Twitch iOS or Android app so you can select a custom go-live notification and add in additional tags.
4. Click Go Live and you’re now streaming!
5. To stop streaming, press the Create button on your controller, select Broadcast from the Create options, and then select Stop Broadcasting. You can also press the PlayStation button to stop broadcasting via the Control Center or Broadcast card. Alternatively, you can select Pause Broadcast via the Create options to take a break.
To increase the quality of your streams, we recommend ensuring upgraded audio and visuals. The quality of your audio is critical in helping you connect with viewers. If you’re interested in inviting viewers to see your reactions while playing, you’ll need to purchase the PlayStation 5 HD Camera.
This guide is just the beginning of your Twitch journey and we’re so glad to see you on your way! Your path as a content creator is unique, whether you’re streaming on Twitch as a hobby or wanting to make it a career. There is no pressure to plan the perfect stream. Take your time and have as much fun as you can while sharing your next-generation PlayStation 5 experience with your community and the world.